Run out of money? On a budget? Just plain forgot to plan for your trip back home? Don’t want to drink/party and drive? The PDX Metro public transportation service has you covered. #trimet #daddiesgogreen
This information is provided by TriMet, the public transportation in the Portland Metro area, and reshared here as a reminder here that your safety always comes first. Have your good time and get home in one piece. Because reasons.
Ring in 2019 with
FREE RIDES ON
NEW YEAR’S EVE
Once again, we’re offering free bus, MAX and Portland Streetcar service after 8 p.m. on New Year’s Eve! And with special extended late-night MAX service, you can get to the celebration — and home again — the safe and smart way.
If you’re planning your trip in advance, be sure to select January 1 for trips after midnight.
Additionally, the number 57 and number 20 busses are already on a 24-hour schedule. What this means: you can ride the entire metro area by bus, from east to west, Forest Grove to Gresham, all day and all night long.
Ride free starting at 8 p.m.
Hop on any TriMet bus, MAX or Portland Streetcar after 8 p.m. — no need to tap your Hop card or buy a ticket at the station. (Transfers are free, too!)
MAX runs until 3 a.m.
MAX Blue, Green, Orange and Yellow lines will provide extended service, running approximately every 30–35 minutes until about 3 a.m., and MAX Red Line will run shuttle bus service to Portland International Airport until 3:30 a.m.
Blue Line Max
- The last Blue Line trip to Gresham leaves Pioneer Square South at 3 a.m.
- The last trip to Hillsboro leaves Pioneer Square North at 3 a.m.
Red Line Max
- MAX Red Line trains will run on Monday schedules with shuttle buses available to take riders from Gateway to Red Line stations in NE Portland after train service ends until approximately 3:30 a.m. Shuttle buses are drop-off only.
- (MAX Blue, Green and Red lines will connect with airport shuttle bus service at Gateway Transit Center.)
- The last trip of the night to Portland International Airport leaves Pioneer Square South at 12:44 a.m. and the last trip of the night to Beaverton Transit Center leaves the airport at 1:41 a.m.
Green Line Max
- The last Green Line trip to Clackamas leaves from Pioneer Courthouse/SW 6th at 3:16 a.m.
- The last trip to Downtown Portland leaves Clackamas Town Center Transit Center at 2:12 a.m.
Yellow Line Max
- The last Yellow Line trip to Expo Center leaves Pioneer Courthouse/SW 6th at 3:01 a.m.
- The last trip to Downtown Portland leaves Expo Center at 2:34 a.m.
Orange Line Max
- The last Orange Line trip to Milwaukie leaves Pioneer Place/SW 5th at 3:04 a.m.
- The last trip to Downtown Portland leaves SE Park Ave at 3:44 a.m.
- Buses will run on regular Monday schedules.
- Portland Streetcar will run on Monday schedules.
Service on New Year’s Day
On January 1, buses, MAX and Portland Streetcar will run on Sunday schedules. WES Commuter Rail will not be in service. The 503-238-RIDE call center and the Ticket Office at Pioneer Courthouse Square will be closed.
Love to you all. Happy New Year 2019!
Ben “Bear” Brown Jr., owner